Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

My Learning Story

Walking

    When I was 18 months old, gym lockers fell on my head when I was 
playing hide and seek with my sister. When the lockers fell on my head
my ears began to gush blood, and everyone in the gym came running in. 
I'm not exactly sure how they got me out of the lockers. They called 
the ambulance but it took too long, so my mom had her friend drive us 
in her car to Children's Health Care of Atlanta. When I got there X-rays 
were taken and my skull was cracked in multiple places. I stayed in the 
hospital for a few nights and my parent's friends and family brought me 
gifts, and I remember I got to eat a lot of Ice Cream. 
 
   When I was about to leave the hospital they realized that I couldn't 
walk anymore. I had to go through physical therapy for a little while as 
they tried to get my legs to remember how to walk. We were taken every-
where in wagons and they often had dogs come in for the children to play 
with because they felt that happier children would learn better. It took
about a week or two for me to learn to walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment