Translate

Thursday, September 20, 2012

Learning and Leading


1.     What are the four dimensions that J.P. Guilford used to describe creativity?
            The 4 dimensions are Fluency, Flexibility, Originality, and Elaboration.

2. With which of the four dimensions do you struggle the most? Provide details as to why/how this dimension is difficult for you.
            I would say Flexibility. The reason for it is because I can be a very stubborn person. When I believe in something and research all of the facts and base my opinion on them then it is hard for me to think of it in another way. I wouldn’t say I am closed minded because I will listen to others, but it is very hard to get me to change my opinion.

3. Think about all of the tools we’ve learned about in class so far. Select a tool and describe how it might help with two or more of the four dimensions of creativity.
            I think the tool we used just the other day, the corkboard one, would apply to a few tools. One of the things mentioned under the elaboration was that students take turn, and if they use this tool they can all express their ideas on their own. I think the corkboard could work with originality or creativity as well, the teacher can ask the students to give their input on good project ideas and then they could each post their ideas anonymously on the site, without being embarrassed if their idea isn’t picked.

4. Spend 10-15 minutes exploring one of the creativity tools listed in the chart on p. 14 in the article. Make sure not to choose a tool you’ve used before. How could that tool be used to support creativity in your chosen grade/subject area?
            I had never heard of the Google guess/lumosity so when I went on to explore it, I thought it was really cool. It allows you to create a training program to increase you memory, flexibility, etc. in a 5 week training program. I think this tool would help students a lot, it would allow them to gain more knowledge in the areas they need to learn and help them in ways that they aren’t necessarily thinking of. I think it would be a good idea to have them do it at the beginning of the school year and the end to see how far they have come, and see the areas they still need to work in the next year or during the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment